We keep adding to this page by responding to your comments and suggestions. Enjoy!
Ivory Stove Cottage sleeps 4, and is adjacent to Ruby Stove Cottage with views over looking the North Antrim countryside.
Hunter's Cottage sleeps 6, and is situated within 200 yards of Ruby Stove Cottage with views over looking open countryside towards the Giant's Causeway and the National Trust Cliff Path.
If a Bed and Breakfast would meet your needs, we recommend Seaview, just two miles from Ruby Stove Cottage.
email: click here
This Beautiful 5-Star Self-Catering Cottage Gives You The Freedom To...
•Explore the countryside or relax at home on your own schedule
•Slip into the kitchen for a midnight snack
•Talk as loudly as you like
•Leave your shoes by the front door
•Eat whatever food you like, whenever you like
•Stay up late and not miss breakfast if you sleep in until noon!
•Prepare food the way you like it...anytime!
•Enjoy complete privacy
•Relax in comfort with your business and social networks just a click away
•If you can get away for 3 Nights or more. Note: Longer stays may be required at owner's discretion.
•Ideal for a married couple wanting a quiet romantic getaway or a single person wanting a quiet place for study and reflection.
•Non-Smoking (why break a 100-year tradition?)
•No Pets (some guests may have allergies)
•Not Wheelchair Accessible
• Spacious 1 Bedroom (Super King Bed 6ft wide), 1 Bathroom (Ensuite)
• Modern kitchen with dining table and chairs
• Extra linens, blankets are in the cupboard
• Central heating keeps the house warm and cosy
• Starter pack provided includes: Paper goods, Tea and Coffee, Toiletries, Cleaning and Laundry supplies.
• Water pressure is excellent and provides a great shower
• Check the fridge for fresh milk!
• Comfortable Seating in the Living Room while you watch TV and enjoy the Wood Stove (fuel provided)
• Separate study off the living room supplied with desk and Internet.
• Southern-facing, front garden so you can sit in the sun and enjoy Good Weather
• Lighted parking place
It's easy to plan and save for your holiday at Ruby Stove Cottage with our payment plan.
Payment Plan if booking early:
• 10% non-refundable deposit due when your booking has been approved
• 30% due twelve (12) weeks before arrival date
• 30% due eight (8) weeks before arrival date
• 30% due four (4) weeks before arrival date
• Door Key Code will be sent after final payment is received
For Your Convenience:
• Payment can be paid in Pounds, Euros or US Dollars
• Payment can be made with Debit Card, Credit Card or PayPal Account
Is a deposit required for holding the dates?
Yes, a 10% non-refundable reservation deposit is required once notified that booking has been accepted.
When is the final payment due?
4 weeks before you arrive.
You may cancel your holiday at Ruby Stove Cottage any time up to:
• Four (4) weeks prior to your arrival date - 100% refund;
• Three (3) weeks prior to your arrival date - 60% refund and a 10% non-transferable voucher to be used within 12 months for a future stay at Ruby Stove Cottage;
• Two (2) weeks prior to your arrival date - 40% refund and a 10% non-transferable voucher to be used within 12 months for a future stay at Ruby Stove Cottage;
• One (1) week prior to your arrival date - 20% refund and a 10% non-transferable voucher to be used within 12 months for a future stay at Ruby Stove Cottage.
• Refunds/Vouchers are based on money received in advance minus the 10% non-refundable reservation deposit for your stay at Ruby Stove Cottage.
Car recommended, but not necessary. Cars are available for rent at any airports, Larne Ferry Port, and in nearby Coleraine.
Excellent year-round local bus service to:
• Giant's Causeway, Dunluce Castle, Carrick-a-rede Rope Bridge
• White Park Bay, Portballintrae, Ballycastle
• Bushmills Distillery
• Shopping in Bushmills
• Shopping and amusements in Portrush, Portstewart
• Quick access to train service in Coleraine (12 minutes away)
Causeway tram 1 mile from the house will also take you the other 2 miles into Bushmills for shopping and dining
Best way from Belfast Airport--through Ballymena and Bushmills
Best way from Larne Ferry Port
• Scenic drive by car around the North Antrim Coast (allow 2 hours)
• Ulsterbus Translink takes you along the coast and right to your door
• Inland route by car through Ballymena (allow 1 hour)
Best way from Dublin Airport --take bus, car, or train through Belfast, then Ballymena, then Bushmills, to the Giant's Causeway
If you get lost, just ask, "How do I get to the Giant's Causeway?"
• 220 volts - make sure your appliances can handle this!
• Hair Dryer provided
• Kitchen has it all! Coffee and Espresso Makers, Electric Kettle, etc.
• Wireless Internet Provided
• Phone for local calls
• Excellent cell phone coverage (this is a popular holiday destination)
• LCD TV, DVD/CD player in living room and bedroom
Yes, there are restaurants every mile on the way in to Bushmills--the Nook and the Causeway Hotel (at 1 mile), The Smuggler's Inn (at 2 miles), then in Bushmills itself (at 3 miles) you will find various places to eat and shop.
Portrush also has a great variety of restaurants.
Take a scenic drive along the Coast and see the Glens of Antrim
Spend a day visiting Rathlin Island via the Ballycastle Ferry
Visit Belfast to see the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum
• The Ulster Folk and Transport Museum authentically illustrates the way of life and the traditions of the people of the north of Ireland. Beautifully situated in over 170 acres of rolling countryside, the outdoor Folk Museum vividly illustrates life in early 20th century Ulster. Almost 50 exhibits have been acquired from all over Ulster. Their faithful restoration and authentic furnishings tell the story of life in days gone by. The Open Air Museum is complemented by the Folk Galleries which show how food, farming, everyday occupations and lifestyles have changed over time.
• The Transport Museum is one of the finest in Europe. It displays Ireland's largest and most comprehensive transport collection, from horse-drawn carts to Irish-built motor cars, and from the mighty steam locomotives that graced our railways to the history of ship and aircraft building. Permanent exhibitions of international acclaim also include Titanic and X2 Flight Experience.
Drive to Donegal and visit the Famine Museum at Strokestown Park House
Visit the Ulster American Folk Park in Omagh
Enjoy the five 18-hole and three 9-hole golf courses within 12 miles of Ruby Stove Cottage.
Bushmills Bushfoot Golf Club (by the Sea) - 3 miles West from Ruby Stove Cottage
Seaside course Holes: 9; Yardage: 6075; Par: 70 SSS: 67
Portrush Royal Portrush Golf Club (by the Sea) - 9 miles West from Ruby Stove Cottage
A natural seaside links, built among the sand dunes. There are huge and deep bunkers and roughs. The 13th century Dunluce Castle overlooks the course. Founded in 1888, the course sports magnificent turf and superb golf holes.
Dunluce Course Holes: 18; Yardage: 6772; Par: 72; SSS: 72
Valley Course Holes: 18; Yardage: 6273; Par: 70; SSS: 70
Skerries Course Holes: 9; Yardage: 1187
Portstewart Portstewart Golf Club (by the Sea) - 12 miles West from Ruby Stove Cottage
Strand Course Holes: 18; Yardage: 6752; SSS: 72; Par: 72
Town Course Holes: 18; Yardage: 4837; SSS: 62; Par: 64
Riverside Course Holes: 9; Yardage: 2662; Par: 32
Ballycastle Ballycastle Golf Club - 12 miles East from Ruby Stove Cottage
Coastal links in a beautiful seaside setting Holes: 18; Yardage: 5692; SSS: 68
Fly to Newark and connect with the daily non-stop flight to Belfast, which arrives at 9am. Car rental is available at the airport, and you will be at Ruby Stove Cottage in no time. Also, this makes leaving the island very handy, as you will be able to leave Ruby Stove Cottage around 7am. This gives you plenty of time to drop off your car and be on time for your flight back to the USA.
Can we stay for just a few nights?
Yes, our three-night minimum makes Ruby Stove Cottage ideal for a comfortable get-away. Stay in, or explore the beautiful countryside on your own schedule. Either way, you will return home refreshed.
I am looking for a place to have a sabbatical and need an extended stay of more than 3 weeks is this possible?
Depending on availability and season, we may be able to accommodate you. Please indicate in the Comments/Questions section on the booking form all the specifics. Take me there now...
Where will I park my car?
There is a lighted off the road parking space at the front of the house.
Can I bring a caravan/trailer or boat?
Sorry, we cannot accommodate parking for caravans, trailers, or boats.
Are there any hidden costs?
No. When you receive your quote, it includes the cleaning fee and all other costs.
Do I need to bring pillows?
No, but if you need to sleep with a special pillow, you are welcome to bring it--just don't leave it behind!
Can more than one family stay at Ruby Stove Cottage at the same time?
No, Ruby Stove Cottage is designed for two people sharing a Super King Bed. If you would like to rent an adjacent cottage for other members in your party, just ask!
Are there any food items already at the house?
When you arrive, you will find tea, coffee, and a fresh pint of milk in the fridge. There might even be a packet of biscuits!
What about pans for cooking?
The kitchen is fully equipped with cooking pots, pans, and bakeware.
Can we use the washing machine and dryer for our laundry?
Yes. Please carefully follow the directions.
Can I bring my laptop computer and is there internet available?
Yes. Wireless internet is available in the house.
Will someone be there to meet us with a key?
No, you will not need a key. You will receive a unique key code when you make your final payment.
Can I book for next year when I am leaving this year?
Yes, you are welcome to book up to 15 months in advance to reserve a stay at Ruby Stove Cottage.
What If I Still Have Questions?
Contact John: by phone